Currently available hERG expressing cell lines in the market are not
capable of mirroring the full physiological response of a cardiac cell,
let alone the heart, or the body. Thus, the predictive power of the hERG
assay for the torsadogenicity of a specific compound is far from ideal
and the quest for more predictive novel test systems is much needed.
For this reason, we have developed a novel human ventricular cardiomyocyte cell line for assessing the cardiac liabilities
of compounds, within a more native environment of the channels.
- Cell line derived from adult human ventricular cardiomyocytes.
- Able to measure hERG blocking along with general cardiotoxicity activity of drug candidates
- Can be run over a broader range of temperatures, ranging from room temperature to physiological temperatures (37° C).
- Offers better alternative to commonly used HEK & CHO cell-lines expressing hERG.
- System mirrors the biochemical and physiological response of a cardiac cell.
- Stably expressing high levels of functional hERG channels.
- Low variance in test currents.
- More stable and reproducible than stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes without associated ethical issues.